Thursday, July 14, 2011

Feeling Better, Edit, and Flowers

DSC_0812
My baby girl is finally feeling better, not 100% yet but maybe in a week or so.  That flu virus was scary, and strangely I didn't get sick but my husband did, usually it's the other way around.  
One Day At A Time



I was so excited to see the photo of Bennett in Edit Me this week, he is such a cutie.
Mandy
Opened in Picnik, adjusted white balance, added a little contrast, warmed the shot with an orange screen tint.  Made the eyes pop by boosting the color only in his eyes just a little bit.  Cropped and sharpened for the web.
My Reflection of Something


Mandy
original by Mandy


And just for fun here are some photos of flowers that I took when Lucy and I went for a walk yesterday.  I had a smaller aperture f/9 for the first photo so I could get more of the flower parts in focus, I think it worked.  But I didn't remember to do that for the last shot, because, as you can see, not all of it is in focus.  And I had my iso set too high.  Oh well, live and learn, I still like them.  Critiques welcome. 
DSC_0832
DSC_0836




Click it Up a Notch

16 comments:

  1. aww I love the picture of you and your little girl! That yellow flower shot is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she's better and those flower pics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great edit and I love your flower shots. That purple shot is amazing. Great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great edit, Anne! The flowers are very pretty as well as your little girl. Glad she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice edit - I really love your flower shots...especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice edit for Branson. and the flowers are gorgeous. beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your daughter's feeling better, nothing worse than a sick child, breaks your heart and so tiring.
    Love your yellow flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great edit! Glad your daughter is feeling better, it always stinks having a sick kiddo in the house. Lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to hear that your little girl is feeling better! :)

    Great edit for Edit Me! I really like clean, simple edits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad she's feeling better! I really like your edit of Bennett.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your B edit! It feels so much warmer and more colorful! Love it and the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh and duh..what I meant to say is I am so happy to hear that your litle one is starting to feel better!! So sorry she was so sick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your little girl is 100% soon!

    You take such beautiful pics... I enjoyed scrolling down your page and looking at them.

    Your "Edit Me" pic was nice... clean and warm. Very good job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad to hear she is doing better. That is so hard to see your little one feeling poorly.

    Love the shot though- you two take the best photos together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yah! Thanks for participating!! Great edits!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry to hear your daughter and hubby were sick :O( That is no fun!! What an adorable photo of you two :O) Such a lovely edit as well!! Great call on narrowing down your depth of field for the flower!!

    ReplyDelete